Caring for life education is the concept of humane education in primary school that encourages, critical thinking, allowing individuals to evaluate and make informed choices through five learning areas and three recurring themes: Know the world, Sense the world, Participate in the world. Act Asia is the pioneer of this education program and it was introduced in China during 2012.
Initiative at SEF
In 2020, Sindh Education Foundation decided to implement CFL in its schools and partnered with Join Hands for this purpose. However due to impact of COVID-19 SEF and Join hands decided to delay the
Launch of CFL in Pakistan by one year. After a year the program will be formally launched in the schools and this will be 3 years pilot project and 50 schools from Karachi and Hyderabad will be introducing Caring for Life Education Curriculum.
Training of Master Trainers
- In February 2020 some 30 Training of Masters trainers were conducted by Join Hands in Karachi.
- The training facilitators were Dr Bill- USA and Ms. Kerenza-Greece and it was a good experience for SEF Trainers to have such learning opportunity.
- The introduction of humane education inspired SEF lead trainers.
- The reflection part helped them to further explore the idea on their own and illustrate and promote actual process practice.
- All CFL lessons and guides were shared with the trainers
- The Guides have been translated into Urdu and Sindhi and will be shared with the teachers during Teachers Trainings.
MT Refresher/Motivation Sessions
- Due to COVID-19 pandemic Webinars will be conducted for SEF master trainers.
- This is five months Webinar Series where the facilitators will share knowledge about humane education and the inter connectedness of humans, animals and the environment.
- The main speaker of the webinars will be recognized specialist in their fields.
We are coming soon.